Business 183 beginning post- First Step

     There are 2 things that I am not good at, expressing myself in writing and expressing myself in a public (or semi-public) forum.  Needless to say, this is my first blog... but here we go.  I am excited to start learning more about what it means to be an entrepreneur.  So far, a lot of my classes have been general learning, so it is nice to get a little more focused on the real reason I am back in school.  This week has been challenging to say the least and is still not over.  I did not find out until yesterday that I had made it off the waiting list and into this class.  I found that out at a hot spot I stopped at while at boy scout camp.  I have exactly 27% battery life left to finish a few assignments before the laptop is dead and I move to the iPad to test its capabilities.  I am hoping my instructor will be a little lenient with me this week considering the circumstances.

     This week's readings opened my eyes a little.  I have read Elder Bednar's talk several times in my short time at BYUI, but it still motivates me as it is easy to fall back into the thought process of just muddling through the work to get a passing grade and that degree.  It is a great reminder of why I am really here and that my purpose is to learn and progress.  This is not only for myself, but to make myself more valuable to the Lord should he need to use me to bring to pass his Work.

     The other readings were a little scary for me.  I am not sure that I want to be an entrepreneurial hero.  It sounds like this class will be a good one for me to find out who I am and how adventurous I want to be.  I have a great job, that the vast majority of people would call me crazy to give up, but is it my "calling" in life?  Could I be doing something more fulfilling?  Is there something out there that I am made to do and that would not only bring me great financial security but help people as well? These are the questions that I am hoping this class helps me to figure out.

Ken Clark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Dreams Important?